All applicants shall duly fill in the below application in order to apply for uchideshi stay.
Please fill in the following information:
1. First name / Sur Name
2. Gender ( Male / Female)
4. Name of Dojo you belong to / Name of your Instructor
5. Length of Aikido training
* If you have no experience training Iwama Ryu Aikido, you will need minimum of three years of Aikido training (Zaidan Hojin Aikikai etc). Also, a recommendation letter from an instructor accredited by Iwama Shinshin Aiki Shurenkai will be necessary.
- Aikido was born and developed within the Japanese traditional martial art spirit and culture: you shall understand these spirit and culture.
At the beginning and end of the training, we face to the Shomen and execute 2 bending, clap hands 4 times, and incline head while putting both hands to the tatami mat. Please understand this is a traditional convention in Japan.
- Ushideshi shall live together in harmony during their stay
- Uchideshi shall ensure the cleaning of the place they live in during their stay.
- Uchideshi shall take care and clean properly their belongings
- Uchideshi shall prepare their meals by themselves, you shall accept the kitchen duty in a good and cooperative way.
Note: staple foods such as bread, rice or spaghetti are provided but side ingredients are subject to additional cost (about 400 JPY/day approximately).
Please carefully read the above information and accept these conditions in good faith before deciding to apply for an Uchideshi stay. Should you have any other questions, please contact us.
Iwama Shinshin Aikishurenkai Headquarters